Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Country Music Jamboree

Big group jam before each show
Las Tres Amigas Autoharp
Our Saturday performance
Informal jammin'
We had the extreme good fortune to attend this year the High Desert Fiddlers Country Music Jamboree. For three whole days we listened and played and talked and visited with fiddlers, guitarists and more from the Northwest. John took a morning banjo workshop since a friend lent him a banjo and he wants to learn to play. He's been practicing his pickin'.  I took my autoharp and found two other autoharpists and we formed a trio and played for the group on Friday and Saturday afternoons. It was so much fun! Since I had a loaner autoharp I decided that it was time to get my own and my new autoharp should be here Monday.  I've been practicing my strums and am even going to play in our new church band.Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment