Sunday, March 15, 2020

My World Today

It's Sunday March 15, 2020 and we've awakened to snow the last two mornings.  This morning it snowed most of the morning.  John went to mass against my recommend to stay home and self-distance.  In just two weeks our world has turned around. Now the corona virus dominates the news and has changed everything.  We bought in food. I don't go to town anymore than necessary. John went to water meetings this week, did the mail, bank, post office and library routine and shopped for groceries.  I'm having a great deal of trouble putting weight on my right leg and so it is hard to get around. I use my new, spiffy roller walker pictured below.

 Here's my world: books to read beside my reading chair, walker by the chair. On the table is my beading stuff. I'm making a necklace that Aunt Nancy made for me that broke into prayer beads.  It's white outside because it's snowing. We don't use the telescope now because it's a wee bit cold to be out at night.  Stars are gorgeous though on clear nights. Space station has been going over in the mornings about 6 AM.












Winter White outside the dining room window. Left is avocado plant we started

Looking out of the window east into the snow. The plants sit on my beading table. This past week I saw my first robin. The magpies are enhancing a nest in the Russian olive tree by the pond.  The king birds are back and of course the sparrows and starlings never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment