Saturday, March 28, 2020

Baby Greens Garden


Last week when it was sunny I snapped a photo of our baby greens garden. I started cool weather plants on our sun porch which is not heated but gets warm durning the day.  My idea is to grow "baby" greens which seem to be all the rage now. I can snip them off before they get big and have salads for us. I also sprout mung beans in a jar which are great in salads. I'm growing seeds from that the library gave out for readers to grow. I got tatsoi, radicchio, sorrel, radishes, bunching onions, cauliflower, and kale. The idea is to let some go to seed and give back to library.  I also planted spinach and three different kinds of tomatoes from seeds we saved. I also planted a row of spinach in one of our raised beds and the snow will be good for them. I'll plant more spinach outside this week. I've already transplanted some of the greens into bigger pots.


Greens are a little bigger.  Photo below shows a robin outside the window look for a bite to eat.

I've transplanted quite a few more and they are growing well. I planted more spinach, lettuce and peas in the raised beds outside. We had a few radish greens already. But the plants need to get a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment