Friday, November 30, 2018

The Groove

For those of you who fancy yourself writers -- 
Don't be too hard on yourself about when you write.  It takes finding your groove (have you read When Stella Got Her Groove Back?)  When I'm not writing I get grumpy. I need to be writing or editing a project regularly for my Muse to be satisfied.  I'm writing the fifth book in my sci fi series and am about 25,000 words in. I broke off to finish the edit on the romance I've had in the drawer for a number of years. I have a contemporary mystery started, which is about 11,000 words. I have more than one project going at a time. When I get stuck I go to another project.  Some days I sit down at my computer and have no idea what will happen but I just tell myself, "Write!" and I don't worry if it is good or not. All my books require a certain amount of research so that factors in but doesn't count as writing.  For me creative writing counts as writing.  I don't outline. My brain doesn't work that way. I just write and depend on the characters to carry the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment