Monday, December 29, 2014

The Year in Review: John's Birthday in Germany

Celebrating John's birthday in a Heidelberg cafe
I got behind in my postings about our trip up the Rhine. After the castles we stopped in Heidelberg, had a guided tour then had the rest of the day to explore. We opted for lunch at a town restaurant, where I ordered a drink that I thought would be lemonade but it turned out to be champagne punch. (I didn't waste it.) We were celebrating John's birthday on June 17.  It was a lovely day and we enjoyed walking around Heidelberg, which is a university town. I took tons of photos but alas, if I try to publish them all I'll never get through the Europe trip!

After that our tour went to Speyer where we had another guided tour of the town.

That evening after our German supper on the Viking Ingvi, the crew sang happy birthday to John and presented him with a delicious birthday cake. Might have been his best birthday ever.

Heidelberg:  Finally got his glass of dark beer

Serenaded by the crew


No comments:

Post a Comment