Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Summer 2022 Update

 

I have had problems trying to pull photos from my computer so I haven't been posting to this blog.  I think this photo of me and my magpie baby friend will post.  She fell out of the magpie nest and I found her on the ground one Sunday morning this summer.  I fed her and she rejoined the family in about ten days.  They flew off together as magpies families will.  Maybe I'll see her next year.  It was a delightful interlude with nature.

I'm working on novel No. 12, another historical fiction which requires a lot of research. It is set in San Francisco and Sacramento CA in 1868.  The history will probably cover the women's suffrage movement, indigenous peoples of California, and the making of the transcontinental railroad, among other events.  I'm drawing the characters from my first two Wings books.  

The weather this year has been awful.  A cold spring with the same forecast everyday - cloudy, cold, windy.  The summer has been highs in the 90s, sun, heat advisories.  At least we haven't had too much smoke.  Our garden has suffered. John harvested onions and garlic.  Tomatoes are pitiful. I harvested beets, although I planted tons of seeds.  We are getting ready for winter now.



No comments:

Post a Comment