Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Reunion


On Saturday John and I visited our Nigerian friends in Houston -- the Dikes. I met Obie, the mother, at Exxon in the 1980s and she was pregnant at the time. She gave birth to Kimberly, who is my god child. I lost track of them and we re-united again. Obie has two sisters, Angela and Linda, who are married and have families. Kimberly is now 31, a lawyer, very pretty and very smart.  Necca, Nambdi and Charlene are her brother and sisters. (I'll get photos of them pretty soon.)  Their father, Charles, is a doctor and lives in Minnesota right now. Necca has a daughter, Zoe.  It was wonderful to see them. They are a funny, loud, kind, generous, and good looking family.  I won't lose track of them again.  



Kimberly Dike, my god daughter

A photo of the children with me a long time ago. Kim sent me this. 

Together again

The three of us

Kimberly and Obie

Obie and her grand daughter, Zoe

The sisters - Obie, Linda and Angela

my beautiful god daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment